Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Playing Saturday July 3 in Long Beach

Got to play another show with our friends Stay Cool Forever and a long beach band by the name of Wild Pack of Canaries. This time was at our newly beloved spot the Tribal Cafe in echo park. We played first, and unfortunately, I only was able to stick around for the first few songs of Wild Pack of Canaries which were definately interesting and energetic to say the least. And I completely missed Stay Cool Forever as well, as I had to go play the last of a four day Nigerian women's conference in Inglewood. Good thing is we will be seeing both of these bands along with many others this Saturday in Long Beach at a Show being put on by Paul, the bassist of the band Pursuit Utopia, who will of course be playing as well. Pursuit Utopia, btw is the band of high school friend, Rene Carillo, who as I recall was the only person in high school who had me jealous of his guitar skills and always advanced musical taste. I'm super eager to see his band finally, as well as to meet Paul who seems like a pretty cool guy just from our phone conversations regarding this show.

One cool thing with this last show we played is that we finally got a sound recording of it with our zoom handheld recorder (which we just so happened to use for a lot of what you'd hear on our record). The vocals are pretty hard to hear on account of the fact that the mic was placed behind us and there was no stage monitor, but other than that it came out pretty well with the mix between the keys and the drums despite our careless placement of the recorder. You can currently hear most of the recording here at the music tab of our facebook page. But I'm thinking for the near future we'll possibly release an album(s?) of bootleg recordings for your downloading pleasure, free of cost. So be on the lookout for that.

Lots of stuff has happened this week in our personal lives as well this band. And it seems the more we experience the more im taken away from this blog, but im doing my best to keep up with it all. But between all these random things like our other band, Ginger breaking up and my ever increasing disgust for pay to play concerts which I unknowingly was a part of last night, there's just too much to write. I'll just try to get all the Vibra Optic info in and whatever else I have the energy for afterwards will come second in priority. Until then, I gotta get back to this hustling business.

Upcoming Shows:
July 3, 2010 at 250 Oregon in Long Beach, CA. 6:40pm

No comments:

Post a Comment